Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dating rule number one - DO NOT GIVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER OUT TOO SOON.

I cannot emphasize this point enough. I would like to think that I have am cautious and discerning when giving out my number. As much as I am picky about who I give my number too, I have made mistakes. I want you all to learn from my mistakes.

Mistake #1. Giving your number out at a bar
Result - random picture texts of his dick.
Lesson - No matter how sweet or nice a guy seems - you can never trust your judgment after any amount of alcohol. Safe bet is to give him an email address (for an account you set up just to screen guys)...and then SLOWLY get to know him that way. If he makes it through all your filters by the time he gets your number he is not going to start off with a dick picture.

Mistake #2. Give a guy you met on line your number within the first day of talking to him online.
Result - drunkin dials to you at 8:30am talking about how he only has one sock on and that is it. Then a full conversation of that there are little people that come in the middle of the night and steal your socks.
Lesson - You need more than day of communication before and phone calls. His impulse to get you on the phone needs to be tempered. I cannot say this enough - screen, screen, screen, screen!

Other solutions:

1. Give this number out - 404 260 1318 - this is the rejection hotline.
2. Give your ex husband's phone number....I have done this before. It works, but you usually have to do the same in return....so keep that in mind before doing. I suggest not telling him the first time you do it. It is a fun surprise for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment